Ark Animal Hospital is proud to offer therapeutic laser veterinary care for animals. Therapeutic laser (also known as cold laser therapy or K-laser) has been a wonderful addition for our pet patients, and is a beneficial treatment option for acute and chronic health conditions.
Cold laser therapy is a non-invasive, pain-free, and drug-free treatment that can have a significant effect on reducing inflammation and providing relief from pain. It uses photons of light to de-acidify cellular tissues and thereby aid in blood circulation. Laser therapy encourages your pet’s body to heal itself naturally and speeds up the recovery process.
Our doctors use cold laser therapy to treat a variety of ailments including:
- Post-surgical incisions
- Hot spots
- Ear infections
- Anal gland abscesses
- Arthritis and joint disease
- Back pain
- Sports injuries such as sprains or torn ACL
The Class IV K-laser at Ark Animal Hospital is the latest edition on the market. This is the highest strength laser available and has built-in customized treatments specifically tailored to dogs, cats, and exotic animals.
*Please note that laser therapy is only available at our Chalfont location.
At Ark Animal Hospital, we understand that pain management can help improve your pet’s overall recovery. We have adopted a multi-modal approach to treat chronic pain from general arthritis by preventing unnecessary discomfort and promoting healing and recovery.
Ark Animal Hospital values your pet’s health and we use a variety of strategies to keep your pet happy, healthy, and free from pain and stress. Our doctors carefully assess your pet’s overall well-being and recommend integrative pain management treatments and therapies including the following:
- Low-stress handling
- Comfort packs prior to appointments and surgical procedures
- Use of injectable, inhaled, and local anesthesia for surgeries
- Cold laser therapy
- Massage—beneficial for soreness and can help identify areas on the body that need further assessment
- Acupuncture—helps calm the nervous system via neuromodulation and relieves pain
- Physical therapy—involves land exercises, stretching, joint range of motion, and weight loss management if needed
To learn more about Ark Animal Hospital cold laser therapy and pain management services, please contact us today.